1 December 2016

{ Review + Swatches } Huda Beauty Textured Shadows Palette - Rose Gold Edition

WOW! Has it been a long time or what!? I took quite a lengthy hiatus from blogging but I'm back, hopefully. To be honest, I was feeling pretty uninspired and unmotivated to blog and wanted to focus more on my instagram (www.instagram.com/lauralauraah). Now that we're approaching a new year, one of my resolutions is to get back into blogging!

Let's get into the photos, reviews and swatches of the Huda Beauty Textured Shadows palette!


Huda is one of the biggest beauty bloggers on instagram and I've been following her for a few years now. She started her makeup line with her false lashes first then dabbled into her lip contours and liquid matte lipsticks. Her latest addition is her first eyeshadow palette, released around September 2016.

Now of course, I was sucked in to all the hype surrounding the palette and had to grab it for myself. She first released it on her official website but goddamn! The international shipping costs to Australia put me off completely. Luckily, Cult Beauty started stocking them and now Sephora Australia as well.


So this palette contains 18 shades. Looks absolutely stunning as you can see. 6 of the shades are described as their "3D Metal" eyeshadows in Dubai, Fling, 24K, Rose Gold, Trust Fund and #Blessed. 2 of the shades are their "Chromatic pressed pearls" eyeshadows- Angelic and Moon Dust. Lastly, are their "Saturated matte" eyeshadows.

First impressions of this palette upon opening my package was pure joy and love for the shade selection. The "3D Metal" eyeshadows were calling my name. I love the look of a highly pigmented foiled eyeshadow and couldn't wait to swatch them.

If you saw my first impression swatches on my instagram story, it was not great and did not reach my expectations at all. The eyeshadows looked patchy, chunky and dry, especially 24K, Rose Gold, Trust Fund and some of their matte eyeshadows.

Although, since then I've had more time to play around with this palette and with the "3D Metal" shadows, I've learned that you need to firmly press on the eyeshadow (it was almost as if the shadows had a "film" that prevented me from getting full colour pay off) and swirl your finger around the shadow for a few seconds to create a bit of warmth before applying the shade with your finger. Overall, fantastic shade selection, has great potential to be absolutely wonderful but just fell beneath my expectations.


Their "Chromatic pressed pearls" eyeshadows in Angelic and Moon Dust are a completely different story. Both of these shadows are extremely smooth and pigmented. Moon Dust is such a perfect highlight shade too! Definitely had to put in less work with these shadows compared to their "3D Metal" ones.

Now to their matte shadows. I think the shade selection is great with the palette having a mixture of warm and cool tones. They are not the best matte shadows though. I find them to be quite dry, chalky and some are patchy which you can see in a few of the swatches below. Although patchy, once you apply these shadows on the lids and use a good blending brush, this flaw is pretty much unnoticeable.


This palette retails for $95AUD on Sephora Australia, comparable to the price on Cult Beauty. Overall, an average palette with so much more potential, applies better on the lids than swatched on the arm but personally, I don't think this palette is worth the price tag. I'm hoping she will reformulate her shadows for future palettes.

Have any of you beauties tried this palette? What do you think of it?


xo Laura

2 comments:

  1. This is what I want as I have clients to deal with this can be a escape goat for me and help me entirely well, hope to get some information about relationship coach online, they might tell me the fashion statement of a coach.

    ReplyDelete