2 June 2012

{ Review + Swatches } NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

Hello all! Wow..I feel like I haven't put up a post in so long but I'm currently in exam study mode *sorry* :( I will definitely be posting more frequently once it's over! Anyway, another NYX product review! If you wanted to check out my first review on the NYX Round Lipsticks just click here.

I LOVE LOVE these Jumbo Eye Pencils from NYX. They are the perfect base for any eyeshadow and really inexpensive. These eye pencils are pretty creamy so I don't suggest applying it on your lids on its own as they may crease but rather as a base for your eyeshadows. They provide something for your eyeshadows to stick on and my favourite part is how they make your eyeshadows way more pigmented and bold!

 L-R: Milk, Yogurt, Pure Gold, French Fries, Lime, Black Bean

- Milk :: matte white. A great base to lighten any eyeshadow as well as making it more opaque
- Yogurt :: shimmery pink-champagne
- Pure Gold :: shimmery gold
- French Fries :: shimmery reddish-bronze
- Lime :: shimmery lime green
- Black Bean :: matte black. A great black base to intensify dark eyeshadows


And this is just an example of how a great base can make your eyeshadows more pigmented and intense.

L-R: Urban Decay "Half Baked", Urban Decay "Half Baked" on top of NYX Pure Gold Jumbo Eye Pencil


Pros:
  • Inexpensive (I purchased mine for $3.99 each)
  • Creamy, smooth formula
  • Intensifies the pigmentation of eyeshadows
  • Great base for eyeshadows to stick on especially if they tend to have quite a bit of fall-out

Cons:
  • Bad packaging. I remember I gently placed the plastic cap on the pencil and it started to crack >.< (You can see from the pictures above)

Overall, they really are great eyeshadow bases and definitely worth investing if you love playing with eyeshadows. I definitely plan on purchasing more in the future! Are there any other eyeshadow bases out there that you guys love? Do share your recommendations!


xo Laura


* Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in any way with NYX Cosmetics. I purchased all products with my own money and as always, my reviews are 100% my honest opinion. *

19 comments:

  1. I love NYX jumbo pencils! I also agree, I love them but the packaging is a let down.

    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh packaging is pretty fragile but the product itself is amazing! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking of getting more of these^^ the Yogurt one looks nice :)

    http://mcmiki93.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yogurt is a perfect everyday base for those neutral light shadows!! :)

      Delete
  3. I love Milk hands down.. but lookin at your review I'm beginning to love the Pure gold as I love Half Baked!! Following you! Would you care to follow me back?

    http://metajojuana-under-a-starry-nyt.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you love your gold shadows definitely go for pure gold ^.^ thankyou!

      Delete
  4. i absolutely love these jumbo eye pencils too! the milk is the best one in my opinion as it can make the true color of pastel colored eye shadows really stand out! u have a very cute blog, followed u!! hope u can check out my blog and follow me back too if u like it? ;)

    xoxo <3
    http://miss-6.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel about being in exam mode, can't wait for mine to be over. Good luck with all of yours! And those NYX eye pencils look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks good!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I havent tried any NYX products, where do you buy them from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! :D I love NYX products.. I have the Yogurt and French Fries.. Totally love both of them.. :D

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo ooooo thank you so much for sharing and swatching. If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean a lot to me. Thank you so much in advance. I'm looking forward to read more of your future blog posts!!! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @miss6 thanks for supporting! ill be checking out your blog!
    @karen goodluckk for your exams too!
    @lucia :)
    @kerker i have commented on one of your post on where i get mine from. i'm not sure if you guys get notifications if i reply to your comment on here :/
    @cutedumpling thanks for reading!
    @fashionable memories thankyou! ill be checking out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh such pretty colors! I love the sheen to them.

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It took me forever to find these nyx jumbo pencils and when I finally found them My life felt complete. :P
    greaattt blog. Check mine when you can. Keep up the good work.

    xox mare

    http://ellemariee.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where do you buy NYX products, Laura? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the makeup idea!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that lime color! such a good idea to wear them as a base for powder shadows
    xL

    http://themarcystop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete